Thursday, August 26, 2010

The . Paparazzi . Reform . Initiative

In some ways it pains me to make this pledge, because I like a good gossip rag just as much as the next girl. However, I can't imagine what it must be like to not be able to get to your car because there are 30 flashbulbs going off around you. Or what it would be like to be accosted by photographers as you leave the grocery store. Or to have people waiting to take your photo parked outside your house. Yuck.


The Paparazzi Reform Initiative

So here's the pledge I'm taking: I will not read ANY celebrity gossip rags (online or in print). I will not blog ANY photos of celebrities that were not taken at events or without their explicit permission.

Privacy is the new black. Spread the word.

6 comments:

Teresa @ good-grace said...

Good for you!!

Rock N Revolution said...

Thank you so much for
your support Kristen. My friends John and Skylar went through two years of hell and a trial for defending themselves against paparazzi who brought weapons on to their property to take a pic of Matthew Mc Conaughey.
I called John and Skylar about your post and they are very grateful! xo

Anonymous said...

thanks for your support something needs to change lets do this.

KristiMcMurry said...

I can't even imagine how they feel

carine said...

Oh my. It must be like living your life in a constant strobe light. Wel done for posting this. I'm going to share too.

Geisslein said...

oh my god! This is so horrible! thanks for posting this!
have a lovely weekend!